Teach One to Lead One® is a community mentoring program that offers hope to all students, including those at risk, to live out their purpose and potential.
This is accomplished by:
1. Engaging students at risk with 10 Universal Principles that are essential for life, through meaningful
relationships in a safe and fun environment.
2. Guaranteeing improvement in Attendance, Attitude and Academics.
3. Training and certifying caring community leaders, as mentors, to partner with public schools, juvenile
courts, and other community organizations to deliver a program that is age-appropriate, in-person or digital,
and tailored to the specific setting.
4. Engaging financial supporters within the community to provide schools and other organizations with an
affordable mentoring solution.
5. Providing in-service learning opportunities so the students can give back to the community.
6. Celebrating the students’ achievements through a graduation ceremony.
7. Evaluating the effectiveness of the program through Student Assessments and Stakeholder Surveys.
The T1L1 – Maricopa County Chapter has been active in the greater Phoenix metro area since 2014.